Friday, October 11, 2013

Perspectives - Animals Hiding


Animals Hiding
Week of October 7, 2013



This week I took 8 clear containers.  I taped black masking tape around 4 of them so that they were completely covered.  4 of them remained clear.  I started out by hiding a cow under a black container and asked the kids to find the cow.  Some of the kids would only look under the clear containers.  They did not seem to think that things could be under the black ones.  Some children were hesitant to lift the black containers until I showed them they could peek under it.  They continued to enjoy hiding the animals but they hid the animals under both black and clear containers.  A few kids enjoyed playing hide and seek and peek-a-boo with the animals, each other and with the teacher.  









 
Next week I want to continue the idea of hide and seek.  We are still going to use the clear and black containers because they are not fully understanding that the animals can be seen under the clear containers.  I will include people and more animals to begin playing hide and seek with the people and the animals. I also want to play hide and seek more outside on the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment