Sunday, November 3, 2013

Perspectives: Animals Hiding


Hiding a Big Wolf

Week of October 21, 2013

This week I had a large picture of a wolf on a piece of cardboard.  I showed the wolf to the children and asked them to hide the wolf.  I had transparency paper and black paper available.  The children used the paper interchangeable to hide the wolf in the beginning.  As they were hiding the wolf with the transparency I would point out that I could still see the wolf.  Soon, they began to recognize that the black paper worked better.  We then moved to using little pieces of paper.  We used glue to glue them onto the wolf to hide him.  As the children worked to cover the wolf, we talked about parts of the body that were still visible.  We worked as a team to cover the entire wolf…our goal was for the entire wolf to be covered.







Next week…the children enjoy hiding things and finding them.  I want to continue exploring the idea of finding wolves.  I will project a seek-and-find scene on the wall and we will play I-Spy with the wolves.  I know they enjoy “finding” the wolves they have hidden…will they enjoy “finding” wolfs in the wolf scene as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment